Fourth Grade: Meet Victoria Cordt
Victoria Cordt, Teacher email
My name is Victoria Cordt and the love of teaching has drawn me back into the classroom. I graduated from Concordia University in Seward Nebraska where I also met my husband Rod. His Naval career provided me the opportunities to teach in Texas, California, Kansas, and even Japan! We have three grown sons and seven grandchildren. Prior to teaching Fourth Grade at Our Redeemer Lutheran School I was the Director of Christian Education at Trinity Lutheran Church in Leavenworth, Kansas and Tree of Life Lutheran Church in Garland, Texas. I am eager to provide my students with a creative classroom environment to encourage excitement about learning!
Top 5 Best Things
About the 4th Grade at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- When we have mastered our multiplication facts through the 12's, we celebrate with an ice cream party.
- An officer from the Dallas Police Department comes in and teaches us all about law enforcement. It's called the L.E.T.S. Program (Law Enforcement Teaching Students).
- We read and study novels such as: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and Number the Stars. We do different activities like designing our own kingdoms and cooking Turkish delight…it tastes really weird!
- 4th graders and 6th graders host a Texas Independence Day celebration for K-6th grades. We do a lot of research and make presentations to the other classes.
- We participate in "The Great Mail Race". We write letters and send them to 4th grade classes in Lutheran schools in every state. It is a lot of fun to get their responses.