Fourth Grade: Meet Carrie Rouse
Carrie Rouse, Teacher email
I was born in Washington, D.C., but I spent most of my childhood in Ft. Myers, Florida. I went to Concordia College in River Forest, Illinois, and graduated in 1987 with a degree in Elementary Education. Wanting to get back to warmer weather and the beach, I moved to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where I taught at Peace Lutheran School and Faith Lutheran School. In August 1995, I moved to Dallas and started teaching fourth grade here at Our Redeemer. I love the eagerness to learn and the sense of humor that fourth graders have. In my free time I enjoy reading, cooking, traveling, and spending time with (and spoiling rotten) my niece, Lauren, and my nephew, Kevin.
Top 5 Best Things
About the 4th Grade at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- When we have mastered our multiplication facts through the 12's, we celebrate with an ice cream party.
- An officer from the Dallas Police Department comes in and teaches us all about law enforcement. It's called the L.E.T.S. Program (Law Enforcement Teaching Students).
- We read and study novels such as: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe and Number the Stars. We do different activities like designing our own kingdoms and cooking Turkish delight…it tastes really weird!
- 4th graders and 6th graders host a Texas Independence Day celebration for K-6th grades. We do a lot of research and make presentations to the other classes.
- We participate in "The Great Mail Race". We write letters and send them to 4th grade classes in Lutheran schools in every state. It is a lot of fun to get their responses.