Church and School History
On November 31, 1941, the cornerstone was laid in a field next to a gravel road that would soon be named, "Luther Lane." Our current campus, at the corner of Park Lane and Boedeker Drive, is the church's third building and second location in sixty-seven years.
Currently, there are over 2000 Lutheran preschools, elementary schools, and high schools in the United States. The many Lutheran schools throughout the country share a common mission: our schools serve the Lord by touching the lives of children and young people with the message of Jesus Christ as Savior and Redeemer. Our Redeemer Lutheran School was founded over 50 years ago with this very mission in mind.
Our Redeemer Lutheran Church was founded in 1941 with 43 charter members and one Pastor. The School opened in 1960 with Kindergarten and one teacher, and then gradually added grades and teachers over the next few years. The first Principal joined the School in 1964.