Spanish: Meet Elizabeth Hutchinson
Senora Elizabeth Hutchinson, Teacher email
My name is Elizabeth Hutchinson. I teach Spanish and Technology at ORLS and I believe that all students can learn. I want to encourage cooperation, trust, creativity, laughter, tolerance and fun so that my students know that learning is a lifelong adventure. I am pleased to be a part of this wonderful school.
I am a graduate of Southern Methodist University, where I received a Bachelor's degree in Spanish. My wonderful husband Charles and I have two children Rebecca and Andrew.
Top 5 Best Things
About Spanish at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- Every 100 on a Test or Quiz student receives a sombrero.
- "La Tienda" (the store). Students may use sombreros to purchase various items available.
- Game day: Jeopardy, Charades and Weakest Link. Students play games reviewing new and old vocabulary.
- Let's make our own Spanish flashcards. Students take pictures of each other demonstrating the vocabulary word or action. We then laminate the pictures for classroom use.
- Weather forecast: Students film a mini weather report in Spanish.