November 22, 2019 – PK3 Teacher’s Notes
I hope you are having a terrific week! We have our last week of Old Testament classics in Jesus Time. This week we are learning about Gideon and his army. God asked him to send people home and only use 300 men. Plus, they defeated them with trumpets and clay jars instead of weapons. God may ask some silly things, but He always has a plan!!! We have our last week of Safe and Healthy Me. This week we focused on being active. We practiced all of our breathing techniques this week.
Here are a few highlights from the week:
- We painted a fall tree using broccoli
- Read a book about being active and built a fort
- Made our J is for Jellyfish and read about the ocean
- Listened to and played with instruments
- Created a “Favorite Instrument” bar graph
- Advanced to AAB patterns
- Practiced spelling our name by making a turkey
Have a wonderful weekend!!!!
We have been talking about being thankful this week. I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you how thankful I am for all of you and your families. What a blessing you, your children and Our Redeemer are to me!
Next week we will do all things Thanksgiving on Monday and Tuesday and then our holiday will be Wednesday – Friday. Classes resume on Monday, December 2nd. Remember that if your child is buying lunch next week, Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner will be serving sack lunches. You can order through this link: https://gwctdcaterers.wufoo.com/forms/preorder-lunches-for-our-redeemer-lutheran-school/. The window closes on Friday at noon. Here are some highlights from our week:
- learned about how Gideon overcame his fear and followed God’s plan
- made trumpets and practiced playing them like Gideon’s army
- discussed and read about how to stay healthy by being active-ask your child to show you their robot moves!
- listened to and guessed mystery sounds
- played different instruments
- made whole wheat playdough in class
- created our own kites out of tissue paper and contact paper
- made some other interesting instruments
If I don’t see you next week, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!