October 11, 2019 – PK3 Teacher’s Notes
We had a fantastic week of learning! We have had our last week of studying Family during Jesus Time. We continued to talk about Moses and how God spoke to him through a burning bush. He went to the mean king Pharaoh to ask for the Israelites to be free. It took a few tries before he said yes! Then he changed his mind and sent the Army after them. Moses parted the Red Sea to get away! We started talking about a new theme of Colors, Shapes, and Sizes. This week we focused on colors. We committed to keeping the classroom safe, and we continued to practice our bunny breathing.
Here are a few highlights from the week:
- Talked about the difference in primary and secondary colors
- Painted with colored ice
- Marble painted with primary colors to make secondary colors
- Mixed different colors of Play doh to see what they become
- Experimented with coloring water and creating a rainbow
- Watched colors fizz together to make new colors
- Created a D is for Dragon
Have a fantastic weekend and a wonderful Columbus Day!
We have had another fantastic week in our class. We have read about how God protected his people when Moses led them through the Red Sea and learned about primary and secondary colors. Here are some of the highlights of our week:
- experimented with bubbles to see how wind moves things
- discovered the difference between primary & secondary colors
- created a model of the Israelites crossing the Red Sea
- made a graph using the colors of our shirts
- watched how water moves in sensory bottles
Next week is short since we have Monday off for Columbus Day and Friday is our Parent/Teacher Conference. Day.
Monday, October 14-Columbus Day-NO SCHOOL
Friday, October 18-Parent/Teacher conferences-NO SCHOOL (Kid’s Club available)
Tuesday, October 29-Pre-school Costume Parade 8:30 am
Wednesday, October 30: Auction Sponsorship and T-Shirt Orders due