My name is Jessica Bangert and I am excited to be teaching fifth grade at Our Redeemer this year. My family and I just moved to Dallas this summer from Fort Worth where I spent four years teaching third grade. Before Fort Worth, we lived in Houston where I taught fifth grade for five years. My husband, Jason, is a teacher and coach at Dallas Lutheran. We have two energetic daughters, Courtney and Kyla, who will also be at Our Redeemer this year. I grew up in Springfield, Illinois and have attended Lutheran Schools my entire life. These schools have had a great impact on my life and my relationship with Christ. It is a joy for me to now be on the other side- working with kids and connecting them to Jesus.
Fifth Grade Calendar
|11:00||Social Studies||Social Studies||Social Studies||Social Studies||11:00-11:45 Enrichment|
|2:30||Pack/Read Aloud||Pack/Read Aloud||Pack/Read Aloud||Pack/Read Aloud||Pack/Read Aloud|
Notes From the Teacher
Top 5 Best Things
About Fifth Grade at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- Fifth grade is the first year students go to Outdoor Education at Lake Texoma.
- We learn many different subjects within our own classroom, but we also go to Spanish, Computers, and P.E. class almost daily! Moreover, we have art class, music classes (band, bells, or choir), and library each week.
- We do many science projects and experiments to help us learn!
- We complete a month long poetry unit that ends with our Poetry Café event!
- We get to learn and grow in our faith by having devotional time each day!