I am Peggy Tholen and I have a Master’s Degree in Elementary Education from the University of Texas. I have taught Kindergarten, First Grade, Second Grade, and Third Grade. My husband, Mark, and I have been blessed with a daughter and son-in-law and two precious granddaughters and a son and a daughter-in-law. I enjoy reading and spending time with my wonderful family.
The best part of being a teacher is the realization that I have the opportunity and the responsibility of having a lasting impact in a child’s life. It is my joy and privilege to be entrusted with this very important First Grade Instruction of your children.
First Grade Schedule
|8:15||Arrival Activities||Arrival Activities||Chapel at 8:35||Arrival Activities||Math Lab|
|10:35||Language Arts/Handwriting||Language Arts/Handwriting||Language Arts/Handwriting||Language Arts/Handwriting||Language Arts/Handwriting|
|1:00||Read Aloud||Read Aloud||Read Aloud||Read Aloud||Reading Buddies|
|2:00||Writer’s Workshop||Punctuation/Grammar/ English||Art||Library||Read Aloud|
|2:45||Science/Social Studies||Science/Social Studies||Science/Social Studies||Science/Social Studies,||Science/Social Studies|
*Please note that this schedule may change due to theme units, etc. on any given day, but the specials will remain the same.
Notes From the Teacher
Top 5 Best Things
About First Grade at Our Redeemer Lutheran School
- Jesus is our best friend now and always.
- A first grader gets to choose a brand new book for a birthday present.
- The year begins with focusing on reading sounds through the use of Nursery Rhyme activities and culminates with a Nursery Rhyme Presentation for parents and guests.
- Art and Math activities are extended with writing, reading, and sharing.
- There is only one rule in First Grade:
“Do to others what you would have them do to you.” Matthew 7:12